RETURN TO ACTIVITY, REGISTRATION, COVID-19 CLUB RESOURCES, RAMP UP TO PLAY
On Thursday, Baseball Victoria announced our return to activity after considering the federal update on the three-step framework for a COVID-Safe Australia as well as Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ announcements regarding the easing of restrictions across the state.
Baseball Victoria has worked diligently to obtain the necessary information from the Victorian Government and applicable authorities to move forward with organised baseball activity, and we are pleased to share the following changes:
- We have altered our timeline for the shutdown of all baseball activity in accordance with the Victorian Government’s changes to restrictions. Previously scheduled to last through 31 May, our shutdown measures have been adjusted to allow for the recommencement of training at a baseball club with up to 10 athletes and two coaches, starting from 9:00 am on Monday, 25 May 2020.
- These changes apply to on-field training only. Use of clubrooms, changerooms, showers and enclosed/covered batting cages are not allowed. The only indoor club facilities that may be used are toilets.
- Clubs will need to assist with hygiene measures to return to on-field training.
- All clubs must adhere to the maximum of 10 athletes and two coaching staff per training group.
- There can be two groups on the field, one in the diamond and one in the outfield with approximately 20 metres in between them. Each group may have 10 athletes and two coaching staff, however, the groups may not swap over at any time and need to remain in their section for the entire training session.
- Groundskeepers, parents and other club members may not be on the field during training, otherwise they will count toward the maximum number of people.
- All athletes and coaches must use hand sanitiser before, during and after training. Hand sanitiser must be reapplied every 20 minutes during training.
- Clubs will only have access to the field and toilets. Parents will be able to attend training with children in limited numbers while maintaining social distancing.
To assist with our return to activity, we have also prepared a page of COVID-19 Club Resources. This includes Return to Activity Conditions, Club/Training Templates and Return to Activity Printable Signage, available below:
- COVID-19 Club Resources Page
- COVID-19 FAQ
- Return to Activity Conditions
- Club/Training Templates
- Return to Activity Printable Signage
Click HERE to view all the details on our website and get ready to return to the field!
Click HERE for all BV contact details.